About My Blog

I created this blog to help share ABBA information with other fans and to show off my new collection items :)


Please note: Collection item photos are from my own personal collection. These are not stock photos. If you wish to use any of my photos elsewhere, please have the courtesy to ask first - Thank you :)

Thursday 3 July 2014

ABBA Gold Limited Edition Steel Box

PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED EDITION

ABBA The Museum is proud to announce that Abba Gold will be released on 27th October 2014 in a unique collectors format as a steel box edition with magnetic lenticular cover.

287.00 Krona - approximately $44.00AUD

http://www.abbathemuseum.com/en/shop-en



OVERVIEW:
In this 40th Anniversary year, it is difficult to imagine a time when the music of ABBA wasn’t a regular soundtrack to our everyday lives, but when the group split up in 1982 a 10 year hiatus was to follow. ABBA was almost banished from the airwaves and their albums were listed as out of print and disappeared from the shops.
We were convinced it was all over, says Benny Andersson today. "We figured on royalties coming in during 1983, maybe until 1984, but after that? No way."
"In the 1980s we were off the radar," says Björn Ulvaeus. "The general attitude was that ABBA was totally uncool. If, like me, you’ve got poor self-confidence, it was hard to not figure that’s it. It’s over."
As everyone knows now, they could not have been more wrong, when in 1992 the rebirth of ABBA’s music began in earnest. U2 included a cover of Dancing Queen on the Zoo TV Tour and when Nirvana played that year’s Reading Festival, Kurt Cobain personally requested ABBA cover band, Björn Again as their support. That same year scripts were being put together for two Australian movies: Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and Muriel’s Wedding, both featuring ABBA songs as an integral part of the plot.
The 1992 ABBA revival peaked when Erasure’s tribute EP, Abba-esque hit the top of the charts, rousing the record label Polygram to release the compilation album, ABBA Gold, with Dancing Queen as the opening track, at the end of 1992.
ABBA Gold has currently sold some 30 million copies around the world and in the UK last year, it overtook The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper on the all-time best-seller list to reach Number Two (Number One is Queen’s Greatest Hits).

TRACKLIST:

CD 1: ABBA GOLD

1. Dancing Queen
2. Knowing Me, Knowing You
3. Take A Chance On Me
4. Mamma Mia
5. Lay All Your Love On Me
6. Super Trouper
7. I Have A Dream
8. The Winner Takes It All
9. Money, Money, Money
10. SOS
11. Chiquitita
12. Fernando
13. Voulez-Vous
14. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
15. Does Your Mother Know
16. One of Us
17. The Name of The Game
18. Thank You For The Music
19. Waterloo

CD 2: MORE ABBA GOLD

1. Summer Night City
2. Angeleyes
3. The Day Before You Came
4. Eagle
5. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
6. So Long
7. Honey, Honey
8. The Visitors
9. Our Last Summer
10. On And On And On
11. Ring Ring
12. I Wonder (Departure)
13. Lovelight
14. Head Over Heels
15. When I Kissed The Teacher
16. I Am The City
17. Cassandra
18. Under Attack
19. When All Is Said And Done
20. The Way Old Friends Do

CD 3: B-SIDES

1. She’s My Kind Of Girl
2. I Am Just A Girl
3. Gonna Sing You My Lovesong
4. King Kong Song
5. I’ve Been Waiting For You
6. Rock Me
7. Man In The Middle
8. Intermezzo No.1
9. That’s Me
10. Crazy World
11. Happy Hawaii
12. I’m A Marionette
13. Medley: Pick A Bale of Cotton/...
14. Kisses Of Fire
15. The King Has Lost His Crown
16. Elaine
17. The Piper
18. Andante, Andante
19. Should I Laugh Or Cry
20. Soldiers

No comments:

Post a Comment