About My Blog

I created this blog to help share ABBA information with other fans and to show off my new collection items :)


Please note: Collection item photos are from my own personal collection. These are not stock photos. If you wish to use any of my photos elsewhere, please have the courtesy to ask first - Thank you :)

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Frida & Dan Daniell '1865' Will Be On CD !

Frida & Dan's new song '1865' will be available in Digital format worldwide on 13 February 2015.

A CD version will be available in stores on 13 February 2015 - only available in Germany, Austria & Switzerland.

Official Pressrelease January 12th, 2015:

"Dan Daniell and former ABBA singer FRIDA present new song"

The Swiss singer and the Swedish/Norwegian world-star collaborate in the official song for the 150th anniversary of the legendary first ascent of the Matterhorn.

It is a story of heroism and tragedy: On July 14th 1865 the British mountaineer Edward Whymper was the first man to reach the top of the Swiss mountain the Matterhorn. But on the way down four of the seven men in his team lost their lives. The dramatic events surrounding the first ascent are legendary and introduced Zermatt – a small village at the bottom of the mountain – to the world. They also mark the beginning of modern alpinism and subsequently made Zermatt a famous ski resort. The 150th anniversary will be celebrated with a series of festivities and events in 2015.
Zermatt’s own Urs Biner presents the official song for the jubilee, “1865”. The owner of the gourmet restaurant “Chez Heini” is a renowned cook, author of several books, and a singer. He performs under the moniker Dan Daniell and has recorded several albums over the last twenty-five years. He sings the song together with a world-star: Anni-Frid „Frida“ Lyngstad, former member of the legendary Swedish pop group ABBA. “Of course it’s a dream come true”, says Dan, “she could sing with the biggest stars in the world, but she has chosen to sing with me – that’s quite an honour.” The song captures the drama of the chase to the top of the Matterhorn with a hymn-like song and very emotional lyrics – it is indeed the perfect soundtrack for an anniversary that will echo around the world.

“I will be 70 this year, that’s a good time to make things other than music”, Frida explains, “but I enjoyed being part of this. Though the story is very tragic, Edward Whymper and people like him fascinate me. Their message seems to be that if you never try anything you will never achieve anything. I identify with that in a strong way. When I was a child I was very shy – looking back I am amazed at the courage I had to perform all the singing competitions I took part in until I played in my first band. I simply knew I wanted to sing – in a way, music was my saviour.” The rest is history: Frida joined ABBA and became one of the most famous singers of all time.

But she has another reason to sing on “1865”. All proceeds of the sales go to Fridas and Dans’ foundation “Kinder in Not” (“Children in need”). The foundation gives money to small-scale projects in Switzerland that support children in need. “When I was very young and started to work as an actor I promised myself to give a big part of the money I’d be earning to children in need”, says Dan, “I love children very much – since I had a very safe and sheltered childhood I wanted to pass on some of the luck I had.”

Dans’ talents are manifold. The renowned chef is also the author of several books and a recording artist. In his restaurant, he combines cooking and singing and performs every night to celebrity guests like Phil Collins, Mick Hucknall and Robbie Williams. “Both cooking and singing are part of me – I want to show that. I know I am swimming against the tide, but that’s what I have always done. You swim much slower like that, but you get to see more.”

Frida is a frequent guest at “Chez Heini”, too. She has been living in Zermatt since her husband, Heinrich Ruzzo Prinz Reuß von Plauen, died in 1999. „In Zermatt I found my solitude in a different way because I became part of a community that took me to its heart just like I took it to my heart. I am what people call a celebrity – I have been talked about and gossiped and written about. People may recognize me here but my past isn’t important. That’s very liberating to me.”

The world star and the creative cook, the anniversary and the legendary tale, the song and the foundation: good ingredients for a project that will receive an echo not only from the ABBA-community but also around the world.

Worldwide digital release: February 13th, 2015

In stores (Germany, Austria, Switzerland): February 13th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment